Thu Oct. 7, 2010
Estelle Prison Unit
264 FM 3478 Rd.
Huntsville, Texas 77320-3320
If you are able to go, please respond to email@example.com and let me know; we need a head count. We will be meeting at the CFS buliding at 2:45pm if anyone wants to carpool and leave at 3:00pm (It will probably take about 20 min. to get over there). We have to be at the reception window in the main entrance of the prison no later than 3:30pm, and anyone who arrives after the group goes through the main door by the reception window into the prison will not be let in.
Below is the list of prison rules that must be followed. Easiest thing to do: Leave everything in the car except photo ID (and of course the drivers will have car keys. Let me know if you have any questions.
Rules for visiting prison facilities
- Must have photo identification
- Must not have pocketbooks, purses or wallets
- Must not wear jewelry
- May not have more than $20 in cash
- May not have cameras, pagers, cell phones, IPods, video cameras, tape or any other type of electronics
- May not have weapons of any kind
- May not have tobacco products of any kind or cigarette lighters
- May not wear inappropriate clothing including shorts, sandals, or open-toe shoes, hats, low-cut shirts, shirts with offensive messages or the like
- May not wear clothing that displays beer/alcohol logos
- May not wear white shirt and white pants combinations (this is what the inmates wear
- May be subject to a mental detector search (wand) and/or a pat-down by officer of the same sex
- May be asked to remove their shoes and/or belts
- Should be respectful of all rules an ay instructions given by prison officials